What is DYW?
- Developing the Young Workforce is a seven year programme to reduce youth unemployment by 40% by 2021.
- The national milestones are set out in Scotland’s Youth Employment Strategy
- The programme is built on the CfE entitlements for children and young people set out in 2008 in Building the Curriculum 3.
- It is a key education policy, as highlighted by John Swinney at SLF 2017 – “Our education policy is enshrined by three major policies, Getting it Right for Every Child, Curriculum for Excellence and Developing Scotland's Young Workforce.”
- A focus on STEM sits at the heart of DYW. The Digital Learning and Teaching Strategy, Making Maths Count report and a STEM strategy for Scotland will contribute useful and relevant insights.
- DYW has a particular and significant contribution to make to the Scottish Attainment Challenge outcomes.
- Visit the National Improvement Hub links below for further guidance and information.