Delivering Meaningful Work Placements
Work placements provide young people with an invaluable experience of the world of work to inform their career decisions, develop skills and confidence in the workplace and build their networks.
For employers, work experience placements provide access to future talent, easing your skills gaps and recruitment pressures and connecting with a diverse range of young people who can bring wider life experiences, new ideas and skills. It’s also a great way of motivating your existing team through wider development opportunities.
This training will provide you with support in the delivery of meaningful work placements for young people that offer the best value to your business. The session will provide valuable advice, guidance and a best practice toolkit.
The training is designed to support individuals who supervise and manage work placements within their organisations or would like to find out how to.
By the end of the session, you will:
- Understand the value and impact of effective work placements.
- Identify how you can get the most out of your work placement for your business.
- Explore what good and bad work placements look like – before, during and after.
- Build a toolkit of best practice for:
- Health and Safety
- Setting and managing expectations
- Feedback and review